2019 Summer Show Schedule
Our 2019 show will be in the United Reform Church Hall, Chapel Street, Shipdham IP25 7LB on Saturday July 13th. We will be open to the public from 2-3.30pm, free admission. Anyone wishing to enter the show can do so using the show schedule and entry form below. Entries close at 6pm on July 10th. There is no fee to enter the show, which is open to both members and non-members. Trophies are awarded to members only.
Entries are open to both members and non-members. Trophies will be awarded to paid-up members only. Maximum one entry per class per exhibitor.
Web entries or Entry forms must be submitted by 6 pm on the Wednesday before the show online or to the show secretary, Audrey Griffiths. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the show secretary.
Entries are to be staged on show day between 8.45am and 11.30 am. Judging commences at 12 noon and the show is open to the public from 2pm to 3.30pm. No exhibits may be removed before the end of the show. Any uncollected items will be auctioned off for club funds.
|Best in Show||Presidents Plate|
|Most Points for resident in the Parish||Parish Council Challenge Cup|
|Most points in horticultural classes||Chairman’s Challenge trophy|
|Most points in all classes||Members Challenge Cup|
|Best Rose||David Dickie Cup|
|Best Pot Plant||John Hunt Cup|
|Best Home Produce||Jubilee Bowl|
|Most Points in Home Produce||Spring Fayre Produce Cup|
|Most points in Fruit Classes||Isabel Harvey Fruit Bowl|
|Best Pelargonium||Springfield Cup|
|Best Junior exhibit||Ted Adcock Trophy|
|Best Vegetable exhibit||Gordon Burton Memorial Trophy|
|Best Hanging Basket||Doris Wood Memorial Cup|
|Best Container||Brian Kidd Shield|
|Best Floral Art exhibit||Floral Art Bowl|
|Best Photographic exhibit||Major James Torbit Trophy|
|Best Craft exhibit||Garden Club Trophy|
|Best Cacti or Succulent in Show||The Douglas Bower Memorial Trophy|
Summer Show Entry Form
- Shows are conducted in accordance with the rules and standards in the Royal Horticultural Society’s current handbook.
- All entries must be produced or grown by the exhibitor, except for the component parts of floral art and junior exhibits:
- Pot plants must have been in the exhibitor’s possession for at least three months.
- All home produce to have been produced in the last twelve months.
- Photographs must be taken by the entrant.
- Craft entries must be created by the entrant.
- All exhibits must conform to the wording of the schedule.
- All entries must be in writing and include the exhibitor’s name. Cards will be provided to place by each exhibit and no other card or indication of ownership is allowed.
- The committee shall have the power to inspect gardens or allotments of any competitor after receipt of entry forms.
- One entry per class per exhibitor.
- Points are awarded as follows: 1st = 3 points, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 1 point.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse any entry. After judging no exhibit is to be removed or altered until close of the show.
- Judges decisions are final. Any entry may be withdrawn if the judge considers the appropriate standard has not been achieved.
- Any protest must be in writing and delivered to the show secretary within one hour of the show opening to the public.
- All exhibits, personal property etc. shall be at the risk of the exhibitors and the society shall not be liable for compensation for loss or damage from any cause whatsoever.
- Vases are provided for the staging of exhibits and must be handed back to the show secretary at the end of the show.
- Wherever possible, correct names should be attached to all exhibits.
- While judging is taking place, the show is closed to everyone except judges, show secretary and stewards.
- Junior classes are open to anyone under age 16.
- Where recipes are given they must be strictly followed. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Jams and marmalades should be in 454g jars covered with a lid or a wax disc and cellophane cover. No trade jars.
- Pickle and chutney jars should be labelled to show the strength and ingredients.